Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You know you're supposed to have that burning sensation for your Lord, Jesus, and NOT a MAN. -- ANTM GIRL

Sometimes I surprise myself. Like now. Sitting on the couch watching Tyra Banks: short people (5'7'') edition, while eating a possibly vegan and therefore not all that tasty oatmealy, chocolately chippy giant cookie while my stomach is screaming in pain and agony. Stop! Stop! Damn you... I mean, my tum tum hurts soooooooooo much, and I'm still eating the cookie. You is full. Still. eating. cookie!

Also on the theme of surprises (and compulsive eating), this afternoon while dining on an amazing Kimmel (dining hall) salad, I noticed a bug nestled in a piece of fresh, leafy, lettuce in my plastic container/salad cradle. What did I do? Quickly removed the offending piece of shrubbery and shoved the rest in my mouth. Then had a serious debate with myself about whether to brush off the bug and eat the piece cause it looked so darn fresh. Was it Ghana? Togo? Cote D'ivoire? India that had turned me into a she-Rambo? I have to think it was something else: my newly awakened Spidy senses. Let me explain...

Last night: post 25 minute midnight solo walk home doing my Tyra "fierce" face all the way to scare of any mother f'ers stupid enough to jack my shit... shower, email and jammie time, I could NOT fall asleep. 12:30 in my bed. 1:30, 2, 2:30...time clicking by, why, oh why, couldn't I go to sleep? Could it be the re-emergence of my oft New York insomnia? Or something, perhaps, deeper? Indigestion? Well, I mean, sure... (my lady friend and her boy made me a delish shakshua last night for din din...google it, fools, it be good.) But indigestion is as familiar to me as a cold, slightly unwanted hand against mine, a stomach post-dairy products. Could it be first day anxiety? Perhaps. But that was not it, either. 4:30 in the morning...beep. beep. What be that? My phone (and thus, alarm!) was dying. I would have been late for class! I rushed down off my loft bed, plugged it in, and saved my non-tardied ass from tardiness, or not getting pre-class caffeine, or both.

(my stomach hurtsssssssss)

so, I plugged in my phone, climbed back up the heinous ladder into my bed. And lay awake for the next 2 hours secure in the fact that if I were to go to sleep, I'd be woken up by my alarm. And also, of course, that my Spidey sense had once again saved the day.

ONE. MORE. BITE. Hurttttttttts. :(

p.s. psych majors are very different from religion majors. I feel 900 years old in my MAP class with all zee freshies, and I CAN'T SPEAK HEBREW. HOW AM I IN HEBREW 4?

UNTIL TOM. SHALOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment