Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dear NYU, take good care of my soul. I expect it back in one piece at the end of the semester!

So, it begins again. 1st day of classes. 1st day at the NY campus since December. 1st stop? The always enchanting Starbucks on West 4th (because Dining Dollars are accepted--Woot!--and I'm the only loser junior ((sans R.A's who get it for freesies)) that still has a meal plan.) I have decided this year to forgo the milk in my grande coffee in a half-assed attempt to protect my fragile, post-parasitic system from having to digest dairy without allowing it the decency of a bathroom for over 4 hours. Unfortunately, however, I believe my siphon of non-fat milk helped to distract the coffee + 3 sweet-and-lows alone from devouring my intestines. And now that said milk is gone, the remaining elixer feels fully confident and free to do as much damage as humanly possible. Cue the immediately uncomfortable social psych class (where said beverage was ingested) and the later uncomfortable Hebrew intermediate 2 class where a little voice kept screaming, "PEEEEEEEEEE!" and I could only reply meekly with..."but the one on this floor is out of order, I'd have to walk downstairs..."

On a related note. I LOVE my bathroom in my new apartment: with it's western toilet, dry floor, toilet paper! For reals...I would give up my first born (if it's a girl) for this set-up. (Second born if boy.)

Classes: Immediate thoughts.
Social Psych: sophomore. straight. female. girls. lame.
teacher: slightly bitter. terrificly cynical. i'm gonna like him.
Hebrew Intermediate 2: Now, since I haven't been in Intermediate 1 since December my self esteem was already pathetically low. 1st day back. Speaking ALL Hebrew. Sentence goes up on the board. "Who wants to read???" Omg. Omfg. I don't know a single word. Avert Eyes, damn you! Avert eyes! It worked. Someone volunteered to read. "Does anyone not understand this?" I don't!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed! (internally). Externally: silence. Turns out no one understood (which I didn't know at the time.) Because, and here's the real kicker...they weren't real words. Ouch. Burn. Terrific lesson in grammar (for reals Adina, if you ever read this Ani ohevet otach!) but my already fragile intestinal system cannot handle this kind of drama post: coffee/sweet-and-low pre:bathroom/food.

Other highlights of the day. My ears are swollen and bleeding from attempting to fit earbuds in them. Aren't they supposed to be one size fits all?!? And I'm too cheap to buy another kind. And too socially awkward to walk down the street sans iPod. And sunglasses. Even when it's getting dark.

Constantly terrified D would be some where around the corner. Some how I need to facilitate a reunion, quickly, on my terms (controlled, clean, mascara.) I am going insane.

Also, 8 am. Brushing teeth. I believe I see someone's reflection in the faucet as they slowly move towards me with a knife. I didn't turn around. Mostly because I didn't hear anyone come in and therefore would have felt bad about going deaf. Not because if I didn't hear anyone, then no one was probably there. Self esteem/paranoia. Turns out, it was just a drop of water. Phew, I was concerned.

Also, roommate has a dog. I love dog. Dog loves bones. When no bone (or roommate) is in sight, dog loves...ME! Highlight of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment