Saturday, September 19, 2009

69 Reasons to love this New Year

So it is now a new year: 5770! I wish I realized sooner (as in before yesterday) that last year was '69. Including the summer. Which was the summer of '69. Think of the puns I could've tortured people with ALL year.

Morning: awoke. Fought with fan above lofty. Fan won. See swollen---difficult to bend, brusied, bloodied elbow as proof of my suffering. On a related note, I spent the day reading the New Testament for my martyrdom class, and have now decided to call all my flesh wounds: stigmata. Once before I had the ol' stigmata. (Actually a bleeding cut in the shape of a cross on my forearm) which I received when (I believed) I was climbing a mountain to meet monks that made jam. Turns out our guides/restaurant cooks thought we asked to go to the pool, so took us on an hour hike up a mountain to a waterfall instead. With ALL of our belongings. In Kpalime, Togo.

Anyhoo, I did not go to services today, but plan to go tomorrow! To the famed eldridge st synagogue a mere 10 min walk from my abode. I'm going tomorrow instead of today namely because tomorrow the SHOFAR is being blown. My fave thing eva'. Also, cause I made plans with someone for today. But then might have been blown off...or they really were sick and I'm a paranoid loser. Or I'm JUST a loser and people don't want to hang out with me. So they say they're ill. Ouchie my elbow hurts! And my pride! Hard to detect the difference sometimes.

Also, Kitty is sick! Her name is Moo and she's 13 and a big fluffernutter fluff ball. And I was caressing her gently this afternoon--until, that is, she moved her body away in such a manner that the clear message was, "Stop trying to make yourself feel better by stroking my softness; I am a cat; I am therefore aloof; I don't like you; I want a nap." Anyways I REALLY hope kitty gets better soon. I be sooo sad when snuggly things don't snuggle me anymore. (Notice the use of things--not people--because people and I aren't allowed to snuggle, not after last time.)

Also, I went to an Indian restaurant for dinner tonight. I was alone. It was muy romantico. Then I spent the rest of the eve' shitting my pants. Also, muy romantico. Ask the dog, he knows...

Then more Bible, then overcome with the sleepsies.

Also, I had subway for lunch, which is relevant insofar as it happened to me, and this is my blog, and the veggie delite meal is over a dollar more expensive here than in FL. I don't even want to tell you the price of veggie delites in India! boo, New York pricing! Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment