Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm oft' distracted by shiny things...

Today I would like to start off this blog post with magical insights that came to me during my martyrdom class...

1) omg did teacher paint two of his fingernails on his left hand purple?!? I REALLY need to know. But if I ask him, and the coloring is a result of say, swine flu. or lepercey, that might be a bit more awk than I can handle. Once, I dropped a water bottle on my finger. In Jerusalem. And our guard/medic looked at it gushing blood and said, "I have seen people lose hands!" Uhm, thanks for the visual dude. Eventually nail stopped bleeding. Turned blue. And needed to be forcibly yanked off my finger. Nail bed was bare for a while...then eventually grew back. You can't even tell the difference! But don't worry, I have pictures! :) (p.s. upon hearing this story, my prof, aka ex-mayor of Accra was VERY moved by my bad-ass-ness. He didn't need to say it. I just knew.)

2). FLASH. OMG SOMETHING SHINY. I AM SO EFFING DISTRACTED. MUST FIND THE SHINY! Turns out, it was pretty blond girl's shoe. Not much else I can say about her. She's pretty and blond, with that well-adjusted, loved as a child look. And I mean, that's great. Being well-adjusted. Less fun at parties, perhaps, but, you know...

3.) So, today I was charged $0.50 for my ice water at Starbucks. I decided to order it again from another person to see what would happen. (Like holding a magnifying glass over an ant in the hot sun--just to see what will happen...) It appears that for some reason they need to ring up the ice water as something...so that an order will be patched through to make it, perhaps? Or so they have an accounting of the number of items they make? Still makes them fascists for charging for tap water, though.

4.) F*** I seriously just got pen on my face. What the f*** am I supposed to do? It's erasable pen...should I casually/vigorously rub the eraser end against my pinkish cheek? Or is that too obv? I mean, I'm just gonna ignore it. Then I'll look like an ass...why, oh why, does t.a. keep making eye contact with me when I'm soooooo not paying attention? T.A. is kinda cute...is he israeli? His name could be israeli...HOT.

5.) Blond boy talking. Uses lots of words. Doesn't say anything. He has REALLY NICE teeth though. Large and straight...braces? or au natural? gay? straight? It's nyu...I only jest that he's straight...

6) Cup of coffee. Cup of ice water. On empty desk next to me. Finish coffee. Turn upside down...SUCK. Get sad. Turn upside down. Hope. Hope. SUCK. Get sadder. Repeat 3 more times. STILL EMPTY. Why, oh why, is t.a. still looking at me?

7) Ice water is wet. Water spilling everywhere. On pants. On paper. Cup so wet it slides down desk. Like self-contained slip-n-slide. When will it end?!? Will it fall off the desk?!? Who knows!? Oh, the excitement of it all!

Nat Sci Observations:

1) Damn, I am dumb.
2) Damn, I am dumb.
3) Damn, I am dumb.
4) Damn, I am dumb.
5) Damn, I am dumb.
6) Ha, ex-suitemate just walked in 30 minutes late!
7) Damn, I am dumb.

Bookstore...Immediately after science. Went to aisle to find Lab Manual for said science class. During class, Bookstore had a whole stack. After class...there were two left on the shelf. When I shared this with the check out guy he was all..."Intense..." And I was all..."Yeah..."

Walk home...(far away) THAT GIRL HAS REALLY WHITE TEETH.
(close up). THAT GIRL HAS REALLY LARGE TEETH. THAT I MISTOOK FOR BEING REALLY WHITE.

Dr. Phil Family--highlight of my life.

Din Din: Subway. Me..."This meal is too expensive." Check-out dude/sandwich maker..."Sigh, I'll give you a discount." $1 off. I mean, I didn't even have to sex him up. Of course, when I approached the store he was outside smoking, and I was slightly turned off by the fact that he stopped when he saw me, followed me in, and proceeded directly to the sandwich making, sans hand washing...but $1 off. Score.

Night: martyrdom readings. social psych readings. nat sci readings. not reading for Hebrew. mistake? Cain. (yes.)

KITTY'S DOING BETTER!

Stay tuned tomorrow for another exciting installment of my life. More fun than watching paint dry. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment