Saturday, September 12, 2009

Who has a stocked shelf in a cupboard?!? Uhm. That'd be me.

So today I woke up at 11:08. I consider this a small victory because I am still able to say I did blahblahblah this morning...

I also got to work on one of my major life goals, being nicer to foreigners, when one such Panama-ian chap sitting next to me at McDonalds (where I brought my Maumoun's falafal and diet 7-Up to drink because it was just the wettest outside!) said, and I quote, "Can I ask you some questions?" Uhm...was my intensely awkward reply. Is this guy a journalist, a rapist, something in between? "Just, three" he continued. Uhm...I continued to stammer. I suppose at some point he took my continued stammering for actual acquiesence because he then breathed an awkward not fully relieved sigh and said, "Okay where is a Best Buy and internet access?" (Which, in retrospect was only 2 questions...) He then continued, explaining that he had just arrived from Panama. His apartment that was supposed to have internet apparently did not, and he wanted to "buy internet time." I think there was some kind of cultural barrier here, but I agreed to google best buy for him on my KICK ASS new phone, and gave him a little of my city slicking advice. Mostly I just agreed to do it because it made me feel like a better person and when his mommy called him on the phone and talked to him in Spanish I could nearly understand some of his replies...which made me feel REALLLLY smarts. Also, because of the solemn promise I made to be nicer to foreigners after an uncomfortable incident in a bathroom in Tel Aviv where there was a sign above the toilet. In Hebrew. And the only words I could understand were..."Please do NOT...thank you." I was like, dear lord, if this says "Please do not flush the toilet or the world will explode" I am going to feel like such an ass. Luckily nothing (to my knowledge) occurred. Mostly because I ran out of the restaurant like woah fast and never returned.

Wowzers--today was just so darn productive. Firstly, I did ALL my reading for Monday's Martyrdom class while snuggling myself in my loft bed. SELF LOVE. I also drank 2 diet sunkists and one diet dr. pepper. I also bought real kid groceries from this new conveniance store because it was the grand opening and everything was half off from a very nice bloke, possibly named John (see store name for inference) who had a delightful smile which made up for any communication gaps that may have occurred. Because it was half-off Mr. Needs No Name could only take cash. So I went to my apt a few blocks away to pick up some, and decided, well, since I'm here, might as well visit the little girls room. Upon my triumphant return to the store (cash in hand) "John" looked happy and surprised to see me as he stated "I thought you'd never come back!" At this point I just mumbled something about 5 flights of stairs, not wanting to ruin the mood of our new relationship by telling him I use the bathroom, at times.

Also I realized that the place that sells yogurt for $0.35 an ounce isn't really a good deal because there are 16 ounces in a normal sized cup.

Also after waiting for my friend for 30 minutes at Whole Foods and "looking" for her for 15, I impressively deduced that she had in fact gone to another Whole Foods, and that we were both dumbasses.

I also made and broke plans, skipped out on 2 parties because it was wet and chilly and unfortunate, and realized I don't know how to work my DVD player...

Messaged D an extremely flattering/self-deprecating facebook message!!!!!!!!!!

Watched a bit of Christopher Meloni...Pined for Rachel Maddow...and googled "is cornbread bad for dogs?!?" after Roman got into my crumbs...

Last but not least I was informed today that NYU WILL NO LONGER HAVE UNLIMITED FREE PRINTING. In other words, NYU IS TRYING TO DESTROY MY SPIRIT. I have, on average about 300 pages to print (and read!!!!) a week. Tell me NYU, is this really what $54,000 a year and a lifetime of debt pays for? I think I might've handled the situation a bit better if the girl at the front desk looked like she gave a shit about my plight. Now, I don't mean to generalize here but, WHY DO THE WORK-STUDY KIDS AT 3RD NORTH NEVER CARE ABOUT MY PERSONAL PROBLEMS?!? I mean, I'm sure 5 million people bitch about this to you. A day. But at least I attempted to manufacture sympathy for people in my work study job. And let me tell you, it was much more self-deprecating and painful than yours.

P.s. I've been reading articles off my computer instead of printing them out (see above), while in the normal positioning of lying flat on my back in lofty with laptop propped on my lap. Now, the excessive and prolonged warmth in said area is making me a bit nervous with regards to my future reproductive activities...I mean, I don't want kids now...but someday I don't want the reason I can't have them to be because I was reading about martyrs while snuggling myself inappropriately. How awkward would that be at cocktail parties...?!

2 comments:

  1. You have two followers. One is me, and the other is me. Guess who loves you the mostest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you soooo love me the mostest! :) and i love you the mostest too, so it all works out. :)

    ReplyDelete