Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday-ness.

There are a lot of things I could write about today. Walking 30 minutes in the ick, windy, slant rain to go to Spice for their $7 lunch special. Nearly shit**** my pants on the walk back while simultaneously realizing that 9 months and multiple parasites might have made said delight a bit more difficult to digest. An awkward conversation at the career center in which I may (or may not) have been made to look like a crazy stalker chick. (Which I may, or may not, be). Demanding to speak to the supervisor of a tele-marketer whose called me over 50 times in 3 days, promised to take me off her list 4 of those times (it's always the same lady!!!!!!) then proceeded to keep calling. over and over and over. Eating mini 3 Musteteers bars in order to boost my self-esteem, drinking wine with my roommate, her mother, and her mother's identical twin sister. (Incidently, I am now profoundly thankful of the fact that my mother did not have an identical twin sister. ) Boiled and ate 1/2 cup of chick peas for din din, because I'm too cheap for real food, stalked D and D's women on facebook and napped excessively in proportion to my actual waking hours.

But, truth be told, writing about this on the 8th anniversary of 9/11 seems even more self-obsessed than I actually am. Truth be told I am extremely grateful to everyone who has/is/will be serving our country---protecting my very right to blog aimlessly about myself. I wish I could say something eloquent here. Thought-provoking. Hopeful. Insightful. Intense. But for now all I can say is thank-you. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of courage and dedication it takes to be in your position. So, for now, just thanks. And maybe, for today at least, that's enough.

1 comment: