Monday, September 14, 2009

Urban Dictionary Frames My Outlook On Daily Interactions

Omg. I just spent an hour plucking my eyebrows. They are painful, swollen, and UNEVEN.

I am also staring wistfully at a can of diet sunkist on my desk that's been empty for days. I wish I was Harry Potter and could make it magically fill...

Today. Highlights. Lowlights.

1). I couldn't decide between iced and hot coffee this morning at Starbucks (iced: more expensive, higher caloric content...thanks for the info large, legally mandated calorie signs Starbucks!) versus (Hot: i mean, it's hot out. and takes longer to drink...but you do generally get more coffee...) Then suddenly I came up with a BRILLIANT idea. I'll order hot coffee AND iced water. Because then it will still be cheap (hot coffee price) AND i'll have the cooling powers of the ice water! Oh, how dasterdly wrong I was. I was charged $0.55 for a glass of ice water. Fascists. I mean, it's not like I wasn't buying anything! Brilliance shut down.

2). In natural science we were measuring breath and air or something and first we split into pairs and one person had to see how many breaths it took to fill a plastic bag that we'd placed over our mouth. Making sure no air got out. I mean, I feel like, as a child, I was told to avoid things like this. Apparenly a good portion of the class was dead because they reported needing to take 15-26 breaths...
I did not do this task. I failed at life doing part numero deux where I had to count how many breaths I took in a minute. Upon answering 6, my teacher said "Uhm, were you holding your breath?" To which I responded with the kind of laughter generally preceeded by green leaves. (This was NOT the reason for my inappropriate reaction, I was le tired. and double le confused at life.)

3.) On my walk home I saw a guy had attempted to bandage his own bleeding arm with some see through, white, gauze esque material and scotch tape. I then immediately thought of shivs (think sharpened toothbrushes in prison movies) and maybe that guy was shivved and attempted to hide it from the authorities by cleaning it himself. Then I thought, dumbass we're not in prison.

4.) For some unknown reason, the last few times I've come home, about half way into my 25 min walk, I was suddenly struck with an overwhelming desire to urinate. The kind of run down the street, shove down pedestrians, nearly piss your pants desire. I'm not sure why this keeps occurring, or how to stop it. I'm considering now ALWAYS making sure to go before I leave campus. And lessening up on the caffeine...

5.) I made (warmed) lentil (canned) soup for dinner. My stomach felt like it was shivved as soon as I finished the second bowl. NO MORE LENTIL SOUP EVER. EVEN IF IT'S THE LAST FOOD ON EARTH. EVEN IF ANGELINA JOLIE SAYS EAT LENTIL SOUP AND I WILL ADOPT YOU. Okay, maybe then...

p.s. Hebrew class tom! I am going to speak. Even if I sound like an idiot. I'm getting nervous just typing this... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment