Monday, September 7, 2009

omg. Were avenues ALWAYS this long?

So apparently I'm disgusting. I should know. I've been told. By a stranger at the "green"/farmer's market in Union Sq. Now I've never actually purchased anything at the aforementioned "market," but I do enjoy roaming around eating an entire plate of sliced up peaches/apples/cucumbers samples. Today one booth had an assortment of tofu esque dishes, along with vegetables I wouldn't automatically associate with eating. One man was using his toothpick and sampling from each tray. Only dirty toothpicks were left (worry not, this isn't where the disgusting part comes in!) I casually asked if he'd brought his own (awesome idea, btw), but alas, he'd just taken the last one. I left, head hung low, like that song with the dog. Then I sampled a cumcumber and stole an extra toothpick. Score! Later on I returned to tofu booth (which was now fully stocked with toothpicks! I used one of theirs since I questioned the cleanliness of my jeans pocket where cuc tooths had been hiding. I used one toothpick also (duh, conservation) and tried multiple items. Now perhaps I should mention that unlike separate fruit pieces where this is FULLY acceptable, the tofu was all smushy together. Like brains. Or embryos. So perchance my germs might spread. During my third sampling my friend goes, "uhm, you're getting your germs in that." To which I replied. "oh, I thought everyone did it this way." To which random guy with a too hot for him girlfriend who's totes cheating with the Trader Joes delivery boy goes, "No, actually that's really disgusting." So ends the tale of the Green Market. Until next time, judgmental man, my germs are anxiously awaiting a reunion.

Along with disgusting, I am also a junior at NYU. A junior who does not cook and therefore got a small meal plan. Unfortunately I am also a junior whose friends do cook and thus don't have a meal plan, so when 2 girls came over to sit with me today at Upstein saying "It looks like you don't have any friends, we don't really either" (freshmen), I merely laughed knowingly. I then spent the next two hours attempting to stem their fears, without really giving them an adequate response to anything. "So you really like NYU now?!?" (them) Uhm....(me) When one of the girls got up, the other quickly whispered to me, "I don't like going to clubs. I'm a geek. Really, I just want friends to hang out with." All I could do was nod my head and say, TRUST ME. GIVE IT TIME. YOU WILL MAKE FRIENDS. She was just the saddest girl, though. And it is with deepest regret that I didn't give her my facebook or something to contact me. I know what you're thinking, I suck at life. And I do. But it was an awkward situation? Ahhhhh. If you're somehow reading this random girl. It will get better. You can contact me. Sorry.

In D news: STILL NO FACEBOOK CHANGES. So, I'm insanely paranoid. In my native land of Florida, I do a full, standing 360 (degree sign) turn before I'm willing to sit and converse. It's like I have this unearthy power to attract the one person I'm talking/thinking about. For reals. Scary. Ask my friends. They do the fear turn too now. So, knowing that D frequents Yoga to the Peeps, I was somewhat reluctant to go to the Red Mango directly across, for fear of running into D while looking like shit. I seriously couldn't take my eyes off the door the whole time, and even convinced my friend to take her yogurt to go (because she'd appreciate a treat later too) because I was so afraid of seeing D. I am that lame.

p.s. instead of too above I accidently typed tool. I feel the latter is more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment