Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beets and Beats

So, I have still not received a facebook message back from D. Granted I only sent mine yesterday, and when I did so it was with the ultimately satisying notion that I was now in complete control of the situation. I held all the cards. D had to figure out how to respond to me. Of course, after about 12 hours of this self-affirming thought, I realized that I was actually the one NOT in control because now, despite how much I tried to lie to myself, I was obssessively awaiting the perfect response...What to do for a distraction? Pinkberry for starters! Also watching the Good Shepherd snuggled in lofty with my laptop on my lady parts, studying Hebrew on the roof (much better idea in theory where bugs and too much suniness aren't issues...) and then some additional martyrdom research (thanks teach for emailing us those uplifting links!) One was a youtube video dedicated to Columbine "martyr" Cassie Bernall with the song "Time of My Life" playing in the background. Not too shabby for the Christian Rock genre...The other video was of a musician by the name of John Day singing his song, "Would you Say Yes." Now, aside from the fact that the second song was just, kind of, awful, there was some semblance of a black box void thingy over one of Mr. Day's teeth that made it look like it was missing. It wasn't on my computer, and it seemed to hover over just that tooth, but it didn't look like the mouth was actually sans tooth....weird...here's the link if you're as bored as I am!

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=46d6c400a152fa91cee4

Also, I made 2 things of chickpeas and PASTA for the first time in my young life. Then I attempted to watch TV, but as I've seen every episode of every show known to man, took refuge back in lofty for the evening.

p.s. my roommate made BEETS which are one of my favorite foods in the world. and i soooooo want some. and this is sooooooo not sarcasm, i am just a strange lady.

omg. back to classes tom. Please can I get a message back? That would make my life. And yes, I realize needing someone else to validate my self-worth isn't exactly "healthy," but I'm 20, it's my job to be self-centered and needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment