Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why Jesus would have loved French Toast Made on Challah

So, I'm supposed to be writing a paper due tomorrow, but in my effort to update my blog on a daily basis I am uber-concerned that waiting until said paper is finished would push my blogging efforts past midnight and therefore into another day. Priorities, folks. So, here I am. On a time-clock. Like a McDonald's hamburger flipper. Or Jesus.

It's a paper for my martyrdom class, where my teacher asked us to "be intelligent." I considered prayer for a good paper/grade, then decided that might be a bit too sac-religious.

So, Hebrew. Okay I didn't talk. BUT I totes sat in the front row and appeared muy attentivo. Then we had a quiz and a girl cried. And I didn't cry, so maybe I didn't do as badly as one person in the class? After the quizlet was grammar review time, and while conjugating one group of verbs into the future tense, our teacher said you had to look out for the "groniyot." Which, in Hebrew comes from the word for throat, garon and means guttural, but in English sounds like groin, so everytime she commented like, "You need to be careful of the groniot" I heard "You need to be careful of the groin!" Hilarity ensued, because I am an 8 yr old boy. (See my massive love of dinosaurs as further proof.)

So, Nat Sci 1 Lab: uhm, remember when I haven't taken math in fo'eva. Yeah, about that...I need a kindly brilliant freshman to take me under their wing. I remember nothing. Granted there are many things I'm not good at (or so people tell me) but I've never been given the "You are a f***ing dumbass, why am I in your group?" stare before. Also, I attempted to buy a lab manual but the 6 copies the bookstore had were "missing" or, as I was informed, probs stolen. Oops. Too be fair the bookstore is muy expensivo, and apparently there's some kind of economic issue.

omg. Biggest Loser season premiere tonight! 2 hours! And just another reason why my paper is not yet done. So as I sit, watching the episode all I can think is, man, I NEED to go to the gym. (Actually that's the same thing I think everytime I climb into lofty and hear shakeshake.) I mean, let's be honest, it doesn't take a gal currently enrolled in social psychology (which I am!) to understand the phenonoma that we judge ourselves on the basis of other people, and thus feel comforted by those worse, uhm, off than we are. Side note--I was eating a tootsie roll during the "last chance workout." My roommate was snacking on challah french toast. And let's be honest, I am sooo not getting my cute ass to the gym.

Ok. So. I used to be a freshman. I understand what it was like. But I am a creepy loner girl. When I eat lunch by myself it is because I choose to (or because none of my friends have a meal plan) NOT because I have no friends. If one more person tries to befriend me while I'm wolfishly gulping down my Kimmel glory I WILL SNAP. It was cute at first, but now it just makes me feel kinda pathetic.

p.s. I am so not completely eyebrow plucked. Nay, in the fierce light of morning, I discovered some strays. but I am too le tired to do anything about it just now...

p.p.s. I ran into my former foundations t.a. in the bookstore today. Her name is Paula, and paula if you're reading this, holla. Our class had a kind of Jesus like relationship with her as a matter of fact. We were massively in love with her and she was midly indifferent to us. Which just made us love her all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment