Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Small and Cheap

So, it's after midnight, I need to be up in less than 6 hours, and I'm unshowered and blogging...

Important news:

1. I think I ate a blonde eyelash in my Kimmel salad today. (I have brown eye brows).
2. Yesterday when I was cooking chickpeas I noticed approx. 1 tbsp of dirt in the boiling water with said chickies. I guess this is why the package says to be careful of dirt and small stones. Although I feel like dirt and small stones are something you can remove before selling. If you try REALLY hard. And if you're Whole Foods.
3. Whenever I feel wet droplets fall on me as I walk I think: "Is this rain? Posion? Leakage from the apt above?" I choose not to answer.
4. German tourists laughed at my "badass NY street walker" look today. And then spoke. In German.
5. Tonight I met a guy who told me he could "never have a dog/cat because he thought it was the ultimate betrayal to cut off your best friend's genitals and then pretend to still be besties."
6. You know in those Folger's commercials when they say "good to the last drop?" Every morning when I drink the last dregs of my Starbucks coffee, I tilt the cup all the way up in order to get the very last drop. Then I do it again. And again. When I ran out today in Hebrew, I almost cried.
7. I ALSO almost peed my pants twice today when I REALLY had to go before I reached home. I MUST LEARN TO USE THE POTTY BEFORE I LEAVE! I realized tonight, upon speaking with a girl who's traveled to lots of...impovershed nations...that the reason we hold our peepee unconsciously comes from living in places without toilets. It's now second nature to WAIT. (And then almost wet ourselves...) Hmmm...interesting.
8. Today in martyrdom, my teacher let like 5 kids talk. for an hour. Dude, they're NOT interesting. Dude, you're interesting. Dude, please. Make them stop repeating themselves aimlessly in their "inside voices" for 20 minutes. I could be napping!
9. Today in Nat Sci, I felt like a douche bag. At least I got to casually mention that I'd been to the Himalayas. I've decided on the first test, every time I can't answer a question I'm going to write, I was too busy f***ing around in the HIMALAYAS to practice useless math skills. I mean, who wouldn't give me an A?

10. Tonight I was introduced to the Dumpling Place AND Cocoa Bar. Heavy props go out to all involved. Esp. Ray for discounting/microwaving my chocolate chip cookie, Ariel for buying me dinner, and those friendly people eating at Dumpling Place for just being so damn nice. Really. Maybe it's because the food is so cheap, that they're happy?!? Bizarre concept in NY. Cheap food. And Happiness.

Open question:
1. What does one wear on a non-date with someone they like whom the haven't seen in 1.5 years and currently has a girlfriend?
2. How to react when someone asks you to go with them to a party they assume you were invited to (because the thrower is a mutual friend) when you actually weren't?

btw. These are TOTES hypothetical. Yeah. That's the word. Hypothetical.

3 comments:

  1. jaclyn, ha i found the link to your blog on your facebook (actually, when you created an EVENT for it, but regardless...) anyway, i love it. small, daily doses of the sarcastic and hilarious jaclyn from ghana are wonderful. hope you are well my friend! ps, your india trip sounds like it was awesome!

    -elizabeth (shelby, from ghana, from solomon's, aka the excommunicated house of haters)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my love, you make me smile.. I think I already "hypothetically" answered the first hypothetical question. The second, well, either go with friend #1 as a date (but not really a date) to show mutual friend how much you are desired and should have been invited. Or crash it!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. other half. cannolis are not vegan, water mix-ins are. make good choices - for the CIA. i'm awaiting your new blog entry: yes, san gennaro and sporcle, yes.

    p.s. you're sitting at my kitchen table while i write this. and you won't be able to leave until the security guards change shifts.

    ReplyDelete