Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In lieu of writing a paper about martyrdom...

Again, deep sigh, I have a paper due tomorrow. And instead of doing it, I am here with all (two) of you. Listening to Dashboard Confessional whine on Pandora. Even deeper sigh.

So, first off, I HAVE AN INTERNAL MOUTH COLD SORE. And, no, thank you for silently asking, I do NOT have herpes. I bit the inside of my mouth and because my (and the two of you all... all's, your all's...?) mouths are sess? pools (why I am only using words I can't spell tonight?!?) of germy germs... it got all red, and infected, and swelly. In truth, this is not true. But tiny mouth sores always end up feeling like big throbbing balls of life sucks even when they're absolutely miniscule. Like Dick Cheney's man parts...or so I've been told... Like large pimples on your forehead, the morning of the "big dance." Come on, even I remember what's it like to be young...

So, I lovelovelove my social psych professor. A little because he's funny, but mostly because he reminds me of my rabbi who is one of my favorite people on the planet.

In my haste to tell of the many wonders that I discovered yesterday during martyrdom class, I forgot to mention that on my way home yesterday I was smacked in the face by a small, blue, rubber, ball that fell out of the sky. It bemused me for a second, then I kept walking. I wasn't sure where it came from, if it was intended to hit ME, or if I was a paranoid, self-obsessed a-hole. (or all of the above, naturally.) But, I live in NY, so I kept a walking...

On my way to campus (the first time, not the second time after I had to run home mid-day to vomit/shit-my-pants...I mean, stomach parasites, like small children...gotta love them) I listened to Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Which is one of the most fabulous musicals ever, and makes me think of my besties and transsexuals and Germany all at once! (Also, my A.P. lit teacher. Because of the Berlin Wall reference in the show!--and that be the only reason...heart you tadtad!)

So, I mean, I once heard the Starbucks workers bitch about people not turning off their iPods to order, so I always make a conscious effort not just to turn mine off, but to take out the earbuds as well. Except, my ears are weirdly shaped, and damaged from forcibly shoving earbuds in them all day, so both extraction and re-insertation are quite painful. Today I took out only one earbud. I am happy with this compromise. Also, I get charged for tap water. So, I mean, there's only so much sad I'm gonna feel.

INTERNAL MOUTH SORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyday I put 3 sweet-in-lows in my grande starbucks coffee. Everyday I open them simultaneously. And pour them in simultaneously. Today I did not rip far enough down the package and the sugar substitute took too long to drain into the cup, so I gave up like 1.5 sweet-in-lows strong and peaced. I regreted that decision ALL day. Tomorrow, I'll spend the extra 30 seconds. It' worth it in the long run...

I HATE SLOW WALKERS. THEY WALK TOO SLOW. SPEED UP. AND IF YOU CAN'T SPEED UP FOR SOME REASON, DO NOT WALK ARM IN ARM WITH OTHER SLOW WALKERS SO FAST WALKERS ARE UNABLE TO PASS YOU FOR MULTIPLE BLOCKS. I MEAN IT.

love,
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment