Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day after Halloween

So yesterday was all Hallows eve in the NYC...aka a shitshow on wheels. Now, I'm not all anti-halloween, or anti-fun, or anti-anonymous sex in animal costumes. However, the only thing east of me is the Projects and my roommate told me the night before Halloween that her friends from the projects warned her not to walk around alone for a couple of days because the gangs were doing initations: aka "cutting up girls." Now, frankly, I don't do well with the idea of being "cut." I also, do not do well with the idea of being told that I can't walk alone in my own neighborhood for fear of said cutting. Apparently it started on the 30th with Bronx area girl cuttings. So, I spent the night in my roommate's west village apartment, ate my KICKASS free chipotle burrito, drank vino (slightly excessively), drunkenly stumbled across a police barracade in order to find insomnia cookies, dodged the rain and de-individuized, costumed, individuals, watched Californication and passed out! Successful evening I should think!

Then I wandered home at 9 am. Made a douche out of myself by commenting on how the clock in the kitchen was off by an hour and not equating that to daylight savings time change. p.s. ALL of my timepieces automatically change (laptop, cell phone) it's like the machines are taking over the wooooooooooooorld! I would never have known! Then I discovered someone had graffitied the hell out of my apartment building (which makes me UBER hardcore), and I said obnoxious things loudly in Starbucks while others listened on. Double success!!!

Midterm tomorrow. FAIL. (opposite of success). Oh, dear.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that Daylight Savings Time ended at 2:00 am the day after Halloween this year (which was still Hallow's Eve for pretty much every college kid..) Bad idea. I wish we could've spent it together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete