Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am 21. Look out, hipsters, I'm hitting the social scene in my GIANT, dirty, blue parka!

So, I DIDN'T VOMIT LAST NIGHT! Which, personally I feel is a major, epic, WIN. However, there is a big part of me...the reluctant NYU hipster, bulimic part, that would have felt slightly better knowing that the massive burrito, rice, beans, chips, salsa, cupcake, banana pudding, margaritas, and beer would NOT be making an appearance at the end of my digestive tract--and thereby comfortably settling into my fat cells.

So, I wasn't actually carded at the restaurant, but I don't think the waitress thought I was 21. I just don't think she cared. Which reminds me of waitstaff in Israel, which makes me a bit nostalgic. I am extraordinarily socially awkward, and I invited multiple people to come to dinner--most of whom didn't know one another. (I'm 21 and I still don't know the difference between who and whom). So, I felt like I should try to make conversation between them, but I'm really awkward so I was just like yea...this person's cool! and they're cool too! I feel that my friends in general are less awk than I am, so they'd do a better job at conversing than I would at attempting to force them to converse.

WE WERE THE ONLY WHITE PEEPS IN THE RESTAURANT. SCORE! This not only speaks to how legit the food was (half the menu was in Spanish!) but also to how legit-ly cool we were/are. I mean, really, the ONLY white-folks. Also, since this place is near my apt, it speaks to how cool I am for living there. REally, I'm AWESOME.

After people got bored/tired of me and started to leave one by one, my two remaining comrades and I decided to go back to my apt (to urinate and drop off the DANK cupcakes my lovely gay boyfriend baked for me!) and then to go to ACE bar on 5th and B. To be like legit carded/served alcohol. Which I was! And I learned to tip bartenders! And I learned how dark bars are so you don't see how ugly the dude you're making out with actually is until the morning! After drinking a bit I was just the sleepiest/and the coldest because I wore a dress w/o leggings and sandals. (Is there a 3rd g in leggings?). So, I decided we should call it a night. It was after midnight after all! Basically, I'm really, really old.

On the walk back to my apt, some girl said loudly, "Why is that girl (ME!!!!!!!!!!!!) wearing sandals?!?!?" I laughed and told my friends (loudly) what she said. Sometimes I wonder if people know that when they're speaking loudly about someone on the street the other person can actually hear them...peeps be lame. Although I talk shit all the time, so...

All in all, a great b-day was had! And now I have enough candy/pudding/cupcakes to keep me satiated for a long while!

p.s. The continually mentioned object of my affections did NOT facebook happy birthday me. Which, seems to suggest, that even friendship---nay even facebook friendship-- is unreciprocated. I hope my 21 yr old self is mature enough to give it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment