Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Burned Chickpeas

Today I burned chickpeas. In a pan. How you may ask? A delightful little combination known as no sleep, 12 hour school days, using as little water as possible so it boils quickly, and being distracted by cognitive neuroscience notes that I NEED that refuse to print and a dying dog. Truth, the apartment smells like smoke. And I was once again the stupid little child that makes things unpleasant for the adults. I'm okay with that. People are happier when they have someone to compare themselves to--someone they feel superior to in some way. So I'm okay when the 40 yr old chef asks if I "even know how a stove works?" In a totes non-sarcastic, contempt dripping manner. I laugh, and look sheepish. Because frankly, if your day was half as sucky as mine, you need a little uplifting. I have israeli chocolate in the fridge. You can have dripping contempt all over your shirt. AND FANNY PACK.

p.s. currently listening to Amos Lee's "Shout out Loud" on repeatttt. So should you!
p.p.s. I can't pronounce one of the hebrew letters correctly. this is a problem. it's a popular letter. it is placed on the QWERTY keyboard where "r" is. THAT'S how important it is.

1 comment: